Monday, February 21, 2011

Emphasis on Subjectivism and how it affects the Other as an other..

For me subjectivity affects the Other as an other when we focus more on ourselves rather than treating others the way we treat ourselves. I believe that emotions can be a great obstacle that leads the self to treat others as an object.
Yesterday, me and my friends planned for a group study for our examination and everyone agreed that we will all have time to talk and share our insights about the lessons. So everything was set up perfectly. During our group study, I had this argument with one of my friends about a certain topic, he did not let me speak and he was more concerned about his ideas and didn't want to listen. I felt I was objectified because he was more focused talking and sharing his ideas rather than listening to our insights and being open to others opinion. On the other hand, because of his actions, it forced me not to listen to what he was saying and stick to my ideas and opinions instead. because of this, I realized that there are a lot of disadvantages in treating others as objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment